Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Month Of Zoë


I seriously can not believe Zoë is already a month old! She has already changed so much and although its exciting to see all the advancements and changes I can't help but think slow down little lady! I feel like I want to take time every month and write down some things about Zoë so that I wont forget each and every cute stage.

At one month old, Zoë is: 9lbs 6oz. She is in the 75% for height and weight (go baby go!) and she is in the 25% for her teeny head. This I thought was weird because she seems to have a big head to me but nevertheless I am grateful for that teeny head for obvious reasons. Zoë love to snuggle. She will instantly be calm just by being held especially when her head is by your heart or neck. She is the cutest at stretching I'll try and get a picture of it someday but she sticks her little bum out and balls up her fists and makes the cutest little pursed lips. She is great at smiling only shes camera shy because the smile is quick to leave once we have the camera out. She also just started to smile while she nurses, which is cute and weird. She loves looking at her Dad. Which sort of bugs her Mom because he always wins in a "look at me competition. I think its the beard, she finds it fascinating. She also loves it when he burps her. She is almost out of newborn sizes :(. She has slept threw the night a few times but mostly only wakes up once in the middle and then again around 7 in the morning. She just started making these pretty weird grunting noises which is totally contradictory to her constantly crossed ankles. Shes not a huge fan of being swaddled and she sometime sleeps with her eyes a little bit open....She loves dancing with mom and also when mom sings to her, (ironically not nursery songs but pop songs that I will change the words to such as the always good oddly superfly: Come to me baby, come come to me baby, your my sweetie pie, sugar, Zoë. Unfortunately I've got a million of these) She loves her thumb. She hates it when she falls asleep while mom is rocking her and then mom sneezes and wakes her up even though mom really really tries to hold it. She loves to skype with her family and can't wait to meet all of them. She hates being naked, as soon as you take off her closes she acts as if she just jumped out of a plane, arms and legs sprawled. Zoë is such a sweet baby. We have yet to hear her really really cry, she does however make the cutest little pouty face ever that just breaks our hearts. she is so sweet and we love her very much. Zoë, thank you for choosing our family to come to. I am so proud to be your mama. Oh and I should mention, your Dad is pretty much obsessed with you.











2 comments:

Megan said...

i love her!!!! and i loved learning more about her so i feel like i know her a little better. and seriously, can we get in on these skype sessions?? i think i need to see zoe right this second please.

The Benches said...

I am obsessed. She is absolutely amazing! I wish I could snuggle her right now!