Monday, January 17, 2011

I've had a baby.

I've had a baby. It happened rather recently actually. Dec. 31 2010 at 3:16 pm to be exact. We named her Zoë. She's now apart of the ever exclusive Lexi and Brad club, which is just really impossible to break into but with a face like that we couldn't resist.
Here's how it happened:
It was April, and I was in love. His name was Bradley Wallis. He was as handsome as they come. Ironically he loved me back and sometimes when two people are in love and they are married they hug each other real tight and.....wait...sorry maybe thats going back too far. Let's just fast forward to 40 weeks later and get to the really interesting stuff. My mom was in town in anticipation of the babes' approaching arrival. Unfortunately at my appointment two days before my due date they seemed rather positive I would need to start picking the date of my induction because the baby was more then likely going to come well after my due date. I cried. I was big. I was tired. I wanted my baby without waiting and inducing. But we tried to make the best of it and that day took some maternity pictures:
So that took up some of our time and I'm really glad we got that in. That was on Tuesday. On Thursday we started out running errands and we even went to lunch. I split a veggie burger and bottomless fries with my madre (a highly recommended last meal) and had been experiencing random contractions all threw out the day. Around 7:30 I was in a lot of pain. I tried taking a shower hoping the hot water would help but no dice. We started timing my contractions and they were about 5 minutes apart. Brad said "Lexi, I think we should go to the hospital right now" I responded "Why yes dear, I think we should go too, I dont want to stress you out because my contractions are getting closer and closer" Well thats a lie. Thats what Brad wishes I would have said. In fact I said " Are you crazy? I just took a shower and my hair is naturally frizzy, curly, and if you think im having a baby and taking pictures looking like the long lost sister of Doc from Back to the Future you've got another thing coming" I am not proud of this, but i have no regrets. As I continued to do my hair by contractions became 3 minutes apart (its very frizzy) so I decided to put Brad out of his misery and go. Once at the hospital we were put in the triage room to make sure i was in fact in labor. I guess they dont trust you anymore when you tell them you feel like your insides are being ripped to shreds by a hungry rabee infested bull dog. Really they just didnt have a room for me. New Year party at the hospital! After 6 hours of this:
I finally got into a room!! What happened 10 minutes after I got into my room you ask? My water broke! Now that was crazy! The contractions got much much worse after that but luckily the man of the hour Dr. Feel Good as I like to call him came and did just that. Made me feel good. Or at least stop feeling, which works for me! I just want to take a second to say, I love epidurals. To each her own but for me it was awesome. I tried talking Brad into doing anesthesiology just so I can be around them more.
Anyways...After that everything seemed like a breeze until i started feeling contractions on my left side and absolutely nothing on my right ( they think my needle had moved and thats why) dont worry Dr. Feel Good you still can do no wrong in my eyes. So instead of having him come back and fix it they told me to push and 45 minutes later we were listening to the cutest little cry I've ever heard. Zoë Jo Wallis was here. Our lives are forever changed. They are better. We are a little family now. And we couldn't be happier. Well once breast feeding stops hurting, then I couldn't be happier. Thanks for reading all that. To award you here are some pictures of our little lovie, Zoë and other random pictures from the hospital.

Texting out way too many pictures of Z baby and not looking too happy about getting my picture taken.


The End.




PS: Zoë's getting some pictures done today so much more to come.

5 comments:

The Benches said...

Are you kidding me? Lex, I love her! She is absolutely precious! Congrats. I can't wait to meet her!

Megan said...

yay!! i'm so glad you did an update about zoe! i love all those pictures of you in the hospital... i totally feel your pain, but the difference is you look beautiful while in that pain. cant wait to see more pictures of zoe!! (btw- how do you make the 'e' with the cool dots on the top on the keyboard?

Jordan Merrell said...

I saw your blog on megan's blog and had to blog stalk you to see if you did a post on Zoe and I am so glad you did! I am sorry it took so long for you to get your epideral. they make such a difference! I had to wait a long time with tyson and once I got it, I was completely in love with my anesthesiologist too (granted I ended up with the c-section but that just made me love him more because he sat by my head the whole time to make sure I couldn't feel anything). Zoe is so beautiful and I am excited to see the new pictures!! congrats!!

Kailee Higgins said...

LOVE my baby girl. yes yes technically not "mine" but I love her that much. If you could schedule me an ichat with the babe it would be much appreciated.

P.S- I hope I look that good in my hospital pictures one day!!!!!

Julie Sacks said...

So I totally blog stocked you and loved reading Zoe's birth story. I need to add you to my safe list for our blog as well...esp since I am exploiting your child on my blog of my newest accomplishment of doing new born pics for the first time. Don't worry, we are a private blog and only trusted friends, family and ward members are on there :) Congrats again!