Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I need to know something...

Has anyone really listened to the song "take you there" by Sean Kingston? It came on my i-pod while I was doing my work-out (aka get this baby out of me power walk) and for whatever reason I really listened to the words. Kind of interesting ( I will put in red what was going on in my mind)

"Take You There"

YO!!!! Hey how's it going?
WAT A GWAAN!!! um...what?
HO!!!! Hey watch it buddy!
SEAN KINGSTON!!! Kinda weird to just shout your name out like that but...Lexi, nice to meet you
JR!

[Chorus:]
We can go to the tropics Just met but yeah that sounds nice
Sip pina coladas those pineapple ones?! so good!
Shorty I could take you there I believe you, and I am ready!
Or we can go to the slums wait...what?
Where killers get hung Killers? what happened to the pineapple drink?
Shorty I could take you there
You know I could take you (I could take you...)
I could take you (I could take you...)
Shorty I could take you there
You know I could take you (I could take you...)
I could take you (I could take you...)
Shorty I could take you there you know actually im kinda swamped at work lately

Baby girl I know it's rough but come with me Maybe your right Sean
We can take a trip to the hood ummm maybeeeee
It's no problem girl it's my city
I could take you there like I said...work and ya know...
Little kid with guns only 15
Roam in the streets up to no good really not selling your case here Sean
When gun shots just watch us, run quickly
I could show you where so that's a firm when we get shot at...not if?

As long as you're with me
Baby you'll be alright ...I do like a strong man
I'm known in the ghetto Is that a good thing?
Girl just stay by my side we're in the ghetto... getting shot at by blood thirsty teenagers... You don't have to worry about me leaving your side sir.
Or we can leave the slums go to paradise Oh really?
Baby it's up to you, Is this some sort of trick?
It's whatever you like look Sean I don't know what kind of sick mind games your into...

[Chorus]

Shorty come with me it's no worry
I know the bad men them where they ah stay
Police fly pursuit in a hurry
This is no gun play
Don't be scared in a deh West Indies
It's Jamaica, that's where I'm from
Might see something that you're not used to
Welcome to the slums Not a lot of that made sense but thanks for the enticing offer..I'm going to go with Paradise.


[Chorus]

Oh we (oh we)
Can go (can go)
To a place (to a place)
I know you're gonna like (oh oh oh)
The beach (the beach)
The breeze (the breeze)
West Indies, I call it paradise I'm still a little unclear on where your taking me...I'm standing firm on the one without random murders and close calls with death though.

[Chorus]


So this is a random post I know but I couldn't get over this song! I kept thinking, what if he was seriously asking a girl this.."hey i want to take you on a vacation. I can't decided between two though so you choose. The first on is on a tropical island with all you can drink fancy drinks. The other one is in the straight up hood where anyone who sees you will want to/ try to kill you and the police are utterly useless and I make no promises on drinking anything but brown disease ridden water. So what do you think?"

Oh Sean, Sean, Sean....so much to learn about the opposite sex....

No comments: