Monday, March 5, 2012

C'est La Vie

Such is life.
Three Things

One:
We got rid of cable. It was my idea. We needed to cut back on a few expenses, but lets be honest I wasted way to much time on that boob tube. When in social gatherings, it was borderline embarrassing how much I knew about every show, and every celebrity (thank you E news) Also I watched way to much teen mom. I hate that show. And yet, I would watch it. And I would feel angry at Brad after watching it for some reason. ( teen mom is only one of the stupid shows out there, i just choose to use it as my example) Anyways I cancelled cable. Now we have more money, I waste less time, and Brad no longer gets called my baby daddy. I should add we have netflix and hulu plus streamable threw our T.V so if your thinking I must be an advid reader by now your wrong. I have been on chapter two of Graceling for over a month.

Two:
I cut my hands three times in two days, and not by doing hair. Once was on the stove while scrubbing it, another was on a freshly opened can lid, and the other was from a knife in the dishwasher. All three require band-aids so my hands look like something out of a Tim Burton movie. Whoever said homemaking is an easy gig is on something. I have scars to prove it. Mostly burns and cuts from cooking but its no walk in the park. The third time I cut my hand I left the sponge on the stove and just walked away. Im currently looking for a new job that isnt so dangerous. Maybe a Navy Seal.

Three:
I am off of sugar. Its going well. Notice the word well. Not good, not great, not terrible, but well. I have a sweet tooth that (sorry honey) definitely grew after meeting my husband. Also nursing didn't help. I decided to cut sugar and all other artificial sweeteners out of my diet for 28 days and hopefully after that I will just enjoy it on special occasions, not for things like "I am planning on working out today so I can have a cookie for breakfast" A friend of mine introduced me to a website called chocoloatecoveredkatie.com and that has been a life saver. It is all natural sugar free desserts. I made the German chocolate date balls and they were good! Anyways Brad is at the the hospital until tomorrow morning so I am alone for the night (dont tell the murders and the sex traffickers) and these things were on my mind...random but C'est La Vie

1 comment:

Megan said...

i've often wondered if i should quit our cable. cause lets be honest, i can't watch anything i want to during the day anyways cause the moment the tv gets turned on the boys are there in a flash and demand i turn on a kid show... which means i turn the tv off and we are all annoyed : ).

but seriously... read graceling. its super good!