Monday, February 28, 2011

WARNING: This post may make you want to put on your fat sweats, get in the fetal position and cry...

At least it makes me want to...


Zoë got her 2 month shots today. The top pictures are sweet Z baby this morning when she was just happy as a lark....so young....so innocent...so trusting...she had no idea what was headed her way. As you can see in the pictures on the bottom (which could basically be part of a rated R horror flick) she was not happy, and slightly out of it on the car ride home. She has been sleeping the rest of the day so I think she'll survive...I don't know if i can say the same about me...I think I'll be fighting off nightmares of elephant sized needles breaking my perfect little baby's perfect little chubby perfect thigh skin. The only good part was when I was able to pick Zoseph up from the torture table and cuddle her until she calmed down, which she did shortly thereafter. In that moment I realized, I am the one that comforts her. She calms down while being in my arms. I can do that better then anyone. I really felt like a mom for the first time. Now, I might not be able to program electronics, reach anything over 5'6", bake a perfect pie or get through a book over 200 pages; but I can comfort my baby and I'd rather be a pro at that then anything else*. Boy o boy, do I love my little jelly bean.


*maybe with the exception of being a pro at making money....but it would have to be mucho mucho bucks, like Oprah Winfrey dough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww! poor zoe. she was so innocent. :)her little worried face. aww!

and of COARSE you are the BEST mom! she TOTALLY loves you and knows you.